Monday, July 22, 2013

Reflections and Goodbye for Now

Thank you all for reading my weekly blogs. I have learned a lot about leadership and media in strategic communications these past nine weeks. However, I will not be writing in my blog for the next few weeks. I am hoping to continue with my blog, but I probably will not be posting on a weekly basis. I would like to take a look back at some of the things that my readers and I have learned from my blogs. I started out talking about the diffusion of innovation theory and why it is so important. I learned that the diffusion of innovation theory is a technique used to get people to buy specific products. I learned what early adopters and laggards are and why they are important. Also, the Word-of Mouth Marketing is still the best way to get people to buy products. Social media sites have made WOMM spread more rapidly than ever before. Social media is a great way to advertise products and push sales. I have learned the best ways to become an effective leader in the workplace. Communication can make or break a company’s reputation. Having an open-door policy allows organizations to be efficient and to be better prepared for emergency situations. I learned that vision is the key element of leadership. Without a vision and without the ability to communicate to other about your vision, change cannot take place within the organization. A leader is someone who can look beyond today and tomorrow and see a company in the future. A manager is someone who runs the organization and makes sure that the job gets done. There is a huge difference between leaders and managers. I have also learned about product placement and the best ways to handle a crisis situation. Last but not least, I learned ways to evaluate communication campaigns. I hope that you, the readers, have learned a lot from my blogs. Even though I will not be posting my blogs on a weekly basis, I hope you will still visit my site from time to time to reflect on what we have learned. Thank you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment